Thursday, 26 March 2015
Wednesday, 25 March 2015
Sunday, 22 March 2015
(+ means acheived) (- means almost there) (x means not there)
Purpose: To describe an interesting character so we can tell a story about them at the Marae stay.
WALT: Entertain (character description)
Think of a character you could write about. +
Draw them. +
Introduce your character in an entertaining way. -
Describe their looks. -
Describe their personality. -
I think/feel statement (Conclusion / Summary) +
Criteria: I can
Descriptive vocabulary (words that help to SHOW the reader) -
use a range of verbs +
Language features (phrases that help paint a picture) +
select one or two similes -
use onomatopoeia to show sounds x
select words that start with the same sound (alliteration) x
My writing is 2-3 paragraphs (100 - 200 words) +
Learning Partner Comment
Feedback: I love the way you drew your character.
Feedforward: Next time you could use alliteration.
Overall, how well do you think your learning partner has done? +
Leyla is the prettiest lady on earth. With her dog aside her.
Leyla's eyes are like dimonds in the sky. Leyla's hair is as soft as kittens
Fur. Her lips are as red as cherrys. Leyla has got the softest voice in the
Leyla will let anyone fiddle with her hair. Leyla's cry is
Very jentle. Leyla will let anyone paint her nails.
I'm glad Leyla's so kind.
WALT: backstroke effectively
voice over or written points of:
“Here are some tips in how to swim backstroke:
1. pointed toes,
kicking from your bottom,
bring your arm up straight and past your ear,
pinky finger in first.
Head relaxed in an upward position."
How am I going?
What am I doing well?
I am good at pointing my toes.
What do I need to work on?
I need to work on kicking from my bum.
WALT Inform (entertaining and persuading our audience to visit our blog)
- welcome to our blog!
- show pictures of some of your learning (butterflies etc.)
- who are you friends?
- things you like (paper planes!)
- places we like to play
- I need to make it 45seconds
- clear video
- I had smooth camera action
- talking about interests
- in an interesting way
- using interesting camera angles
- I talked about learning
- I think I did good at talking about learning
- I think I need to work on making a clear vido
To be successful we needed to make sure
- the patterns and colours were the same on each side,
- there were no 'mosquito holes' in the colour,
- we used black pastel to finish off the outline (to make it go POP!)
How did I go?
- The best part was the beautiful colours.
- I think I could work on making the more symmetrical.